From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Interesting http://ats.netflix.com
Date Sat, 14 Mar 2015 01:49:22 GMT

> On Mar 13, 2015, at 5:51 PM, Huaping Gu <humphrey.gu@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> It is interesting, just curious, it is caused by wrong remap.config file?
> <Screen Shot 2015-03-13 at 16.17.43.png>

The response is a 200 OK, so if that URL is served by a proxy, then the response is generated
from your origin. That’d most likely imply it’s not a remap.config problem. Just looking
at the response, a wild guess would be that you might need to turn on pristine host headers
before forwarding to your origin. In records.config, change

	CONFIG proxy.config.url_remap.pristine_host_hdr INT 1

So, assuming you had a remap.config rule like

	map http://ats.netflix.com <http://ats.netflix.com/> http://jobs.netflix.com <http://jobs.netflix.com/>

With the default config (pristine off), the origin server would see

	Host: jobs.netflix.com <http://jobs.netflix.com/>

With the config change above (pristine on), the origin server would see

	Host: ats.netflix.com <http://ats.netflix.com/>

I prefer keeping pristine host headers at the default (OFF) when possible. That means you
will need to change your origin server to accepts the remapped host header, but I always find
this to be a more reliable approach with explicit configurations and expectations.

I hope that helps?

— Leif