From Randeep <randeep...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: traffic server configuration
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2015 20:17:13 GMT
Hi Alan,

Origin servers are known. The idea is as follows.

We have a VOD service currently available now which can be watched with our
own the set top box(Like appleTv). We are currently using Amazon cloudfront
CDN. We are planning to have our own data center and moving whatever we
have in cloudfront to our data center. This Data center is connected to our
Nationwide private VPN where the pops are also connected.

So the origins are known.

When our Set top boxes make a request for a url, the url we have to give is
the real head end url or the caching server(ATS) url which is near to that?
This is where I got confused with reverse proxy and transparency.

Because this videos in our head end should be accessed in two ways.
1. One is via private ip(or private Domain) where the requesting device is
connected directly to our network.
2. Second is via public ip(or public domain) where the devices outside our
private network can access.

So I thought we can put the public domain as the url in the database and
the devices accessing from outside can access them with the same domain and
the devices accessing the same videos can access via an internal routing
for the same domain to the private ip.

Also I would like to know whether the caching server cache the encrypted
video chunks? Because all of our videos are encrypted. I heard like the
CDNs like Akamai doesn't cache encrypted videos.

Will it work this way?

Best Regards,
Randeep

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 7:16 PM, Alan Carroll <solidwallofcode@yahoo-inc.com