From Randeep <randeep...@gmail.com>
Subject traffic server configuration
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2015 12:30:22 GMT
Hi all,

We are configuring an ATS for caching on our network edge points. But I'm
not getting how to do it. This is our scenario. We have one central headend
where we store the videos and stream live channels and this headend is
connected to our nationwide private network(MPLS mesh). We are planning
POP(caching) locations in every city. From these pop locations network is
connected to junction boxes and from there it is connected to customer
devices.

[image: Inline image 1]
In this POP we are planning to put Apache traffic server as
caching(videos-MPEG DASH Encrypted.) server. I'm confused whether we have
to configure this caching server as reverse proxy? Reverse proxy can be
configured transparent?

Is there something wrong in it?Is this the right way to implement this?

All suggestions are welcome.

--
Regards,
Randeep