From Huaping Gu <humphrey...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Traffic_top is gone in ATS 5.2 on Ubuntu 14.04
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2015 23:53:40 GMT
Hi Igor,
When I tried to install "ncurses-dev" on Ubuntu 14.04, I am recommended to
install "libncurses5-dev", so I installed libncurses5-dev.

sudo apt-get install ncurses-dev

Reading package lists... Done

Building dependency tree

Reading state information... Done

Note, selecting 'libncurses5-dev' instead of 'ncurses-dev'

libncurses5-dev is already the newest version.

0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 6 not upgraded.

Then configure the source code, configuration out put shows ncurse is there.
cd trafficserver/
autoreconf -if

checking for working ncurses/curses.h... no

checking for working ncurses.h... yes

After a brand new ATS installation, both “traffic_top” and “tstop” are
still NOT there.

I am not sure whether it is a build bug or my build environment,  anyone
here install ATS on Ubuntu 14.04 and can get these two commands installed
correctly?

Just checked one of Docker image she docker hub, these two commands are
also missed.

thanks
Huaping Gu