From "Adam W. Dace" <colonelforbi...@gmail.com>
Subject Quick Question About Linux HugePages
Date Sat, 27 Jun 2015 12:43:02 GMT
First, let me say a big thank you to those who have worked on the
reclaimable freelist and HugePages code.

I'm not really sure why, but simply using HugePages has resulted in a 100%
speed boost on my ATS instance and it is now happily saturating my 50Mbps
home connection.  Whoo hoo!  :)

My quick question is this:  What happens if ATS goes to allocate a HugePage
and there are simply none left to be had?  Will it crash?

I haven't had this happen, yet, but I'm trying to balance how much memory
I'm willing to give to ATS with other memory left free so I can at least
compile ATS on the same system.

Thanks In Advance,

Adam