From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Building with LuaJit 2.1
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2015 17:25:22 GMT
Hmm, when was LuaJit 2.1 released? I can't see it on the download page. In general, we try
to stay up to date with the releases.

As for bundling, that was an intentional choice since many (most?) of the distorts and versions
we support don't have (had?) LuaJit available. We can revisit that if / when it's a generally
supported package on all platforms.

The other reason for inclusion was that we planned on have Lua be a first class citizen for
configs etc

Cheers,

-- Leif

> On Aug 11, 2015, at 10:59 AM, Mark Moseley <moseleymark@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 7:35 PM, James Peach <jpeach@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> > On Aug 10, 2015, at 4:53 PM, Mark Moseley <moseleymark@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > I've got trafficserver on the same box as another app that's using Luajit 2.1.
I've been goofing with trying to get Trafficserver working with luajit 2.1 too, but reached
the point where I figured I should ask before I burn any more time:

>> > Can Trafficserver be used with luajit 2.1? I was compiling 5.3.1 and it's got
luajit 2.0.3 bundled right with the source. There's no configure option to point at a different
luajit tree. I was about to start messing with the various LUA_* environment vars, when I
realized it was time to ask the list.

>> > Any options?
>>
>> AFAIK the ability to choose a different Lua implementation was removed when LuaJIT
was bundled into the main source tree.

> Ok, good to know. I tried building ATS with the luajit 2.1 sources copied into the lib/luajit
directory, but that blows up during compilation. Probably better to just get the other app
working with luajit 2.0.

> Out of curiosity, why is luajit bundled anyway? Installing the 'dev' luajit packages
for ubuntu/debian/centos seems pretty easy, though perhaps for people not on those distro,
might be a lot harder.