From Sudheer Vinukonda <sudhe...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: partial object caching
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2015 21:13:29 GMT
Yes, background_fill allows ATS to continue the object download after the client that initiated
the request aborts. However, this feature alone doesn't help in working around the byte range
cache issue. AFAIK, you will need background_fetch plugin independent of background_fill.
In more detail, without background_fetch enabled, (on a cache miss) a byte range request would
only result in ATS fetching the requested byte range from the Origin. Enabling background_fill
will only help complete that partial byte range download and not the full object download.
Whereas, with background_fetch enabled, (on a cache miss) a byte range request would result
in two separate requests - one for the requested byte range and a second (independent) request
for the full object.
Thanks,
Sudheer