From Jean Baptiste Favre <webmas...@jbfavre.org>
Subject Trafficserver & cache configuration
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2015 08:57:30 GMT
Hello,
I'm trying to deine diffenrent cache policy, depending on url_regex.

My current config in /etc/trafficserver/records.config is:

CONFIG proxy.config.http.cache.ignore_client_no_cache INT 1
CONFIG proxy.config.http.cache.ims_on_client_no_cache INT 1
CONFIG proxy.config.http.cache.ignore_server_no_cache INT 0

The default cache policy in /etc/trafficserver/cache.config is as follow:

dest_domain=. pin-in-cache=30d
dest_domain=. revalidate=30d

I need to override setting for a specific url, which badly uses HTTP
Cache-Control. So,  /etc/trafficserver/cache.config content becomes:

url_regex=maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/timezone.*
action=ignore-server-no-cache
url_regex=maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/timezone.* pin-in-cache=30d
url_regex=maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/timezone.* ttl-in-cache=30d
url_regex=maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/timezone.* revalidate=30d
dest_domain=. pin-in-cache=30d
dest_domain=. revalidate=30d

Unfortunatly, requests from maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/timezone.* are
still not cached. I guess I missed something, but can't find what :-/

Any idea welcomed,

Regards,
Jean Baptiste Favre