From Wayne Zhang <wayne.m.zh...@gmail.com>
Subject transparent proxy (inline on a linux bridge) not work
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2015 02:37:18 GMT
Hi.

I followed the steps strictly from the official documents here :
http://trafficserver.readthedocs.org/en/latest/admin/transparent-proxy/bridge.en.html#inline-on-a-linux-bridge

the source code version is 5.3.1.
my linux kernel is 3.8.0-44, and I checked that the xt_TPROXY model was
loaded after executing iptables command.
config.log shows getting the right value 19.

then the Linux ethernet bridge works well, *every app on the client PC can
access the internet but the browser visiting http websites always gets
timeout (https is ok)*.
the 3 processes traffic_cop, traffic_manager and traffic_server can be seen
using "ps aux".
there is no access log file squid.log in the log path.
and the Wireshark on the PC using as bridge can not find any interfaces in
this situation.

I tried to change the value of proxy.config.http.server_ports from the
default 8080 to "8080:ipv4:tr-full", then I got error "Unable to set
transparent socket option operation not permitted", and only one process
traffic_cop remained.

How to fix this ? Thanks in advance.