From "Rushford, John" <John_Rushf...@cable.comcast.com>
Subject Re: partial object caching
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2015 15:10:57 GMT
Madhava,

I recently submitted a range request plugin for ATS.  If your analysis shows that clients
are deterministic with range requests, my plugin may be of use to you.  See plugins/experimental/cache_range_requests/

Thanks
--
John J. Rushford
IPCDN Engineering
1400 Wewatta Street, Denver Colorado 80202
John_Rushford@cable.comcast.com

From: "Madhava Gaikwad (madgaikw)" <madgaikw@cisco.com<mailto:madgaikw@cisco.com>>
Date: Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 1:29 AM
To: "users@trafficserver.apache.org<mailto:users@trafficserver.apache.org>" <users@trafficserver.apache.org<mailto:users@trafficserver.apache.org>>
Subject: partial object caching

Hello experts,

I have legacy forward proxy used in enterprise network facing to internet behind firewall.
Unfortunately it cannot do partial object caching. I am looking if I can get an alternate
proxy to do this.
My requirement is:

1.       Partial object caching so updates by apple etc. can be cached. Also video caching
will just work.

2.       Streaming to multiple client at same time should be possible from single server connection.

It seems varnish can do above stuff. But it works effectively as reverse proxy, so I have
to position it before my proxy, as it cannot work as upstream proxy directly. Also its cache
seems gets vanished after restart(Everything in cache is from heap).
Do you guys know if ATS can do this functionality? I believe it is not possible, but I thought
just ask if we achieve this by any means. A pointing to how to would be really appreciated.

Thank you from Newbie,
Madhava