From Jeremy Payne <jp557...@gmail.com>
Subject Following Origin Redirect
Date Tue, 13 Oct 2015 20:57:40 GMT
Version - ATS 5.3.2
Mode - Reverse Proxy

Anyone have any pointers on configuring ATS to follow HTTP
redirects(301/302) handed by the origin server ?
The goal here is to have ATS follow the redirect on behalf of the client,
instead of sending the redirect back downstream.

This seems doable in Lua(via luacurl .. ts.fetch not available in 5.3.2),
but I cant seem to 'restart' the transaction after reading the origin
response headers.
Another issue I see here is being able to stream the final(after the
redirect) response immediately back to the end user(read_while_writer).
In this current implementation(or with my limited understanding), it seems
I would have to first store the final response before I could send back
downstream.

I have seen similar approaches with varnish and nginx however
implementation is very hacky.. which is to be expected as this is very
unconventional and probably against spec.

Thanks in advance.