From Sebastián Goicochea <se...@vianet.com.ar>
Subject New to ATS - A couple of questions
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2015 19:13:04 GMT
Hi everyone, I'm trying to migrate a couple of squid boxes to ATS,
currently trying to configure it to get at least the same productivity.

I have 3 questions:

1) I have several rewrite rules to deduplicate CDN urls. Cacheurl is
working just fine .. I can see the original and rewritten URLs in
traffic.out log file .. but I just don't know which regular expression
should I add to cache.conf in order to tell ATS to save that content or
to add the ignore-no-cache action.

In this hypothetical case:

server1.example.com/(.*) is rewritten as cdn.example.ATSINTERNAL.com/$1

What should I add in cache.config? server[0-9]\.example.com.* or
cdn.example.ATSINTERNAL.* ?

-----------

2) Trying to bind ATS to certain CPU cores found
https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/latest/admin-guide/files/records.config.en.html?highlight=thread#proxy-config-exec-thread-affinity

Setting proxy.config.exec_thread.affinity to 3 binds threads to cores ..
can I specify which cores? Or should I use something external such as
taskset?

---------

3) Is there any way to determine where are objects going to be stored
according to their size? Looking in the documentation only found a way
to do it according to its origin (domain or url_regex)

Thank you,
Sebastián