From James Peach <jpe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ATS running as reverse-proxy with 2G for cache set in storage.config - how does one check cache usage? HTTPS caching?
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2015 18:12:39 GMT

> On Nov 3, 2015, at 9:51 AM, Eric Duesterhaus <eduesterhaus@knapheide.com> wrote:
>

> Hello other ATS users!
>
> I’m new to ATS, so I apologize if these are ignorant questions.  I have a 2G cache
configured on my ATS server that is running as a reverse proxy for some web apps.  I’m having
some trouble finding the answers to my questions while reading through the ATS documentation:

> ·         My cache.db file is 2GB, but I know I don’t yet have 2GB of content to cache.
 Is there a way I can check the “percentage used” so to speak?  While I’m confident
2GB is enough for now, I’d like to know how to check if I’m starting to fill up my cache
file so I know when to increase it.

There are cache metrics to tell you how much of the cache is used. I don't remember the metric
names off-hand, but you can find it with "traffic_ctl metric match cache".

> ·         Does ATS cache HTTPS content (HTTPS from ATS to the origin server, also HTTPS
from client to ATS)?

ATS can cache HTTPS content as long as it is doing the SSL termination. If the client ends
up doing CONNECT requests through ATS to HTTPS origin servers, ATS never sees the cleartext
so it can't cache.