From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: proxy.config.http.redirection_enabled and override
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2015 21:40:39 GMT

> On Nov 11, 2015, at 2:29 PM, Jeremy Payne <jp557198@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> My goal is leave the option turned off via records.config. However based on certain conditions
within the request, I would like to turn it on.. So I am doing this within a lua script. I
see that the master(6.1.0) lua plugin supports redirection override, but it appears(per your
response) as of this writing it must be done from a global scope instead of a per remap basis.

> I also tried using the config remap plugin per remap , and no luck there either.

Hmmm, if you are writing your own plugin, there are APIs to work / deal with redirections
directly. E.g.

	TSHttpTxnRedirectUrlSet()
	TSHttpTxnRedirectRetries()

— Leif

> Is there a reason for only allowing this override so far up the transaction chain? It
would seem more operator friendly if the override could be applied at least after entering
the remap stage.. Unless this override is meant solely for forward proxy environments. I am
currently running ATS in reverse proxy mode and relying heavily on per remap lua scripts to
modify the request accordingly.

> Thanks!
>

> On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 2:26 PM, Sudheer Vinukonda <sudheerv@yahoo-inc.com <mailto:sudheerv@yahoo-inc.com>>
wrote:
> Which hook are you using to override?
>
> The config is applied before READ_REQUEST_HDR hook, so, you will need to override it
in TXN_START hook.

> Thanks,
>
> Sudheer
>

> On Wednesday, November 11, 2015 10:12 AM, Jeremy Payne <jp557198@gmail.com <mailto:jp557198@gmail.com>>
wrote:

> I see that master(6.1.0) now 'supports' redirection override.
>
> ./trafficserver/proxy/http/HttpConfig.cc:  HttpEstablishStaticConfigByte(c.oride.redirection_enabled,
"proxy.config.http.redirection_enabled");
> ./trafficserver/proxy/http/HttpConfig.cc:  params->oride.redirection_enabled = INT_TO_BOOL(m_master.oride.redirection_enabled);
>

> In testing I see that the redirection value is changed per the over-ride config(witnessed
via debug output), yet I dont see the override value is applied to the session/transaction.

> Is the override code fully implemented? As it seems only the override code is there but
maybe the transaction code hasnt been updated to account for the redirection override.