From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New to ATS - A couple of questions
Date Fri, 27 Nov 2015 15:44:11 GMT

> On Nov 20, 2015, at 2:13 PM, Sebastián Goicochea <sebag@vianet.com.ar> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone, I'm trying to migrate a couple of squid boxes to ATS, currently trying to
configure it to get at least the same productivity.

> I have 3 questions:
>
> 1) I have several rewrite rules to deduplicate CDN urls. Cacheurl is working just fine
.. I can see the original and rewritten URLs in traffic.out log file .. but I just don't know
which regular expression should I add to cache.conf in order to tell ATS to save that content
or to add the ignore-no-cache action.

Does your remap rules  map to same origin URL? Remember that the default cache key is the
remapped URL, such that you automatically dedupe as you describe. Meaning, in most cases you
don't have to worry about explicitly setting the cache key, it just does it as you'd expect.
Be vary of the pristine host header though, you likely want that off for this case.

-- Leif

> In this hypothetical case:
>
> server1.example.com/(.*) is rewritten as cdn.example.ATSINTERNAL.com/$1
>
> What should I add in cache.config? server[0-9]\.example.com.* or cdn.example.ATSINTERNAL.*
?

> 2) Trying to bind ATS to certain CPU cores found https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/latest/admin-guide/files/records.config.en.html?highlight=thread#proxy-config-exec-thread-affinity
>
> Setting proxy.config.exec_thread.affinity to 3 binds threads to cores .. can I specify
which cores? Or should I use something external such as taskset?

> ---------
>
> 3) Is there any way to determine where are objects going to be stored according to their
size? Looking in the documentation only found a way to do it according to its origin (domain
or url_regex)