Hi,

In short, can ATS only save gzipped object in cache ?

Here is my story.
---
I'm trying to use ATS to cache about 30M html pages. Each page is sized about 200KB and 30KB when gzipped.

I set Apache to send zipped page with mod_deflate and let client request with header "Accept-Encoding: gzip".
But I found ATS always save uncompressed pages, by which eat a large amount of hard disk.

I've tried with gzip / deflate Plugin. It can let ATS send gzipped response but can not let ATS save gzipped pages.
The option cache: true let ATS save both compressed and uncompressed version of pages, which take more cache space.

My ATS version is 5.3.0.

* config for records.conf (most are kept default)
CONFIG proxy.config.http.insert_request_via_str INT 2
CONFIG proxy.config.http.insert_response_via_str INT 2
CONFIG proxy.config.http.cache.required_headers INT 0
CONFIG proxy.config.log.squid_log_is_ascii INT 1
CONFIG proxy.config.http.cache.allow_empty_doc INT 0
CONFIG proxy.config.http.cache.ignore_authentication INT 1
CONFIG proxy.config.cache.ram_cache.compress INT 1

* config for gzip plugin
enabled true
cache false
remove-accept-encoding false
flush false
compressible-content-type text/*

---
Best Regards.
Liang YU

This email may contain or reference confidential information and is intended only for the individual to whom it is addressed.  Please refrain from distributing, disclosing or copying this email and the information contained within unless you are the intended recipient.  If you received this email in error, please notify us at legal@appannie.com immediately and remove it from your system.