From James Peach <jpe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using ATS to access public file in AWS S3 Bucket results in 'AccessDenied'
Date Thu, 14 Jan 2016 16:47:13 GMT

> On Jan 13, 2016, at 10:38 PM, Daniel Carraro <daniel@blinkmobile.com.au> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I've got an Apache Traffic Server (5.3.0) running on an AWS EC2 instance which I'm trying
to use as a proxy server to access files in an S3 bucket.

> I've created an S3 bucket, and uploaded a basic index.html file (which has been made
public). I'm able to access that file directly via cURL from both my local machine, and the
EC2 instance ATS is running on. However, if I make a cURL request via ATS, I get a 'AccessDenied'
message from S3.

Take a look at the s3_auth plugin

https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/latest/admin-guide/plugins/s3_auth.en.html

> My remap.config file is as follows:
> map http://<URL>/index.html http://s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/<bucketname>/index.html
>
> (I've tested this with /index.html and without, with the same results).
>
> If I use traffic_logcat to look at squid.blog, the following log entry appears:
> 1452751621.502 61 <my IP Address> TCP_MISS/403 553 GET http://s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/<bucketname>/index.html
- DIRECT/s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com application/xml