From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using ATS as transparent proxy for non-HTTP traffic
Date Thu, 21 Jan 2016 03:43:35 GMT

> On Jan 20, 2016, at 6:25 PM, S Pramod <pramodbiligiri@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Just to be sure, ATS can proxy non-HTTP traffic as well? I'm looking at this example
here (https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/latest/admin-guide/configuration/transparent-proxy/router-inline.en.html)
and it only talks about HTTP. Are there any other examples that you are aware of?

No. I *think* what Alan is hinting at is that you could write a plugin that implements either
a generic TCP proxy, or a protocol proxy other than for HTTP.

Now, ATS does support HTTP and WebSockets natively, and the CONNECT method (tunneling HTTPS).
It’s possible that this tunneling feature can be extended as a generic TCP proxy as well,
but I’m not aware of any work in that area.

amc: please correct me when I’m wrong (as usual).

— leif