From Daniel Carraro <dan...@blinkmobile.com.au>
Subject Using ATS to access public file in AWS S3 Bucket results in 'AccessDenied'
Date Thu, 14 Jan 2016 06:38:22 GMT
Hi,

I've got an Apache Traffic Server (5.3.0) running on an AWS EC2 instance
which I'm trying to use as a proxy server to access files in an S3 bucket.

I've created an S3 bucket, and uploaded a basic index.html file (which has
been made public). I'm able to access that file directly via cURL from both
my local machine, and the EC2 instance ATS is running on. However, if I
make a cURL request via ATS, I get a 'AccessDenied' message from S3.

My remap.config file is as follows:
map http://<URL>/index.html http://s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/
<bucketname>/index.html

(I've tested this with /index.html and without, with the same results).

If I use traffic_logcat to look at squid.blog, the following log entry
appears:
1452751621.502 61 <my IP Address> TCP_MISS/403 553 GET
http://s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/<bucketname>/index.html - DIRECT/
s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com application/xml

Enabling "Static Web Hosting" on the bucket is not a viable option for this
project.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Daniel