From James Peach <jpe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Setting up Transparent Proxy
Date Sun, 24 Jan 2016 00:16:47 GMT

> On Jan 23, 2016, at 1:34 PM, Muhammad Faisal <faisalusuf@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
> I tried to setup ATS using the guidelines at below links. With linux bridge interface
up the clients are able to browse internet but after configuring iptables, ebtables the port
80 traffic failed at client side.

> Nothing appearing on squid.log
>
> Guidelines followed:
> http://apache-traffic-server.24303.n7.nabble.com/attachment/1638/0/ATS%20on%20Centos.txt
>
> Please not my client are on different subnets while the proxy is inline bridged b/w gateway
and wireless gateway. Clients get real IP not private.

> Please suggest how to debug the issue?

Please use the latest release (6.0), not 4.1. Use traffic_layout -f to verify that transparent
proxy support is enabled (look for TPROXY) in the output. Enable the "http_tproxy" debug tag
(see proxy.config.diags.debug.tags documentation) and check the logs for any clues.

Once you have verified that Traffic Server is ok, the most likely cause is network configuration.