From Victor Danilchenko <vdanilche...@cimpress.com>
Subject RE: Need help with a particular usage scenario
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2016 20:04:46 GMT
Ah, thank you very much, updating the maps did change things! Right now I am getting error
messages that kinda make sense.

So, here’s my new remap settings:

map http://mediawiki.mycompany.com:8080/  http://localhost:80/
reverse_map http://localhost:80/  http://mediawiki.mycompany.com:8080/

When I try to hit http://mediawiki.mycompany.com:8080/phpinfo2.php in the browser now, I get
a 502 response after a lengthy timeout:

internal error - server connection terminated

and on the server, in error.log, the following gets recorded:

20160120.14h51m15s RESPONSE: sent 10.87.40.108 status 502 (Connect Error <internal error
- server connection terminated/-19999>) for 'http://localhost:80/phpinfo2.php'

I tried this both using localhost in the maps, and FQDNs everywhere, the result is the same.
I most definitely can get this URL on the server using curl:

$ curl -Is http://localhost:80/phpinfo2.php | grep ^HTTP
HTTP/1.1 200 OK

So it looks like for some weird reason, TrafficServer is trying – and failing – to contact
the origin provider.

Any idea what might be going wrong?

Thanks so much for your help!