From Victor Danilchenko <vdanilche...@cimpress.com>
Subject Need help with a particular usage scenario
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2016 18:22:49 GMT
Hi all,

I need to set up a caching proxy to not work as a proxy, but rather to simply provide caching
upon direct access. For example:

There's a Mediawiki installation running at http://mediawiki.mycompany.com
And I need to set up a proxy on an alternative port, http://mediawiki.mycompany.com:8080,
which would do nothing but serve up the traffic from the default port, but cached (we aren't
trying to cache the entire MediaWiki installation, but rather provide an alternative entry
point for a specific use case).

I am having trouble figuring out what it would take to set up TrafficServer to do this. I
set it up (Ubuntu Vivid, TS 3.2.4), but TS logs empty URLs (http:///<http://>) and of
course fails to find them - presumably because it doesn't receive the customary proxy HTTP
headers; so I hit http://mediawiki.mycompany.com:8080, and only get back 404s.

Is there an easy way to accomplish what I am looking to do? Here's the config I have right
now.

In records.config (in addition to all the standard defaults):

CONFIG proxy.config.http.server_ports STRING 8080
CONFIG proxy.config.http.cache.http INT 1
CONFIG proxy.config.reverse_proxy.enabled INT 1
CONFIG proxy.config.url_remap.remap_required INT 1
CONFIG proxy.config.url_remap.pristine_host_hdr INT 1

And in remap.config:

reverse_map http://mediawiki.mycompany.com/  http://mediawiki.mycompany.com:8080/

I have never set up a proxy before.

Any suggestions on what I need to do? Thanks.