From Miles Libbey <mlib...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: can't cache head request
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2016 23:26:48 GMT
So, perhaps header_rewrite and cachekey... use header_rewrite to put the method in an internal
header; then use cachekey to use that header in the cachekey?Header Rewrite Plugin — Apache
Traffic Server 6.2.0 documentation

|   |
|   |   |   |   |   |
| Header Rewrite Plugin — Apache Traffic Server 6.2.0 documentationHeader Rewrite Plugin
This plugin allows you to modify arbitrary headers based on defined rules, forboth requests
and responses. Purpose  |
|  |
| View on docs.trafficserver.apache.org | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

Cache Key Manipulation Plugin — Apache Traffic Server 6.2.0 documentation

|   |
|   |   |   |   |   |
| Cache Key Manipulation Plugin — Apache Traffic Server 6.2.0 documentationCache Key Manipulation
Plugin Description This plugin allows some common cache key manipulations based on various
HTTP request components. It can  |
|  |
| View on docs.trafficserver.apache.org | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

map http://inbound.example.org http://origin.example.org \  @plugin=header_rewrite.so
@pparam=header_conf \  @plugin=cachekey.so @pparam=--include-headers=@method
header_conf:cond %{REMAP_PSEUDO_HOOK}
  add-header @Method %<cqhl>
miles

    On Wednesday, March 30, 2016 9:20 AM, Sudheer Vinukonda <sudheerv@yahoo-inc.com>
wrote:

Regardless, the important thing to note is what Leif mentioned - if you plan on caching HEAD,
then your cache key should include the method (this should be possible with a plugin or even
the Gancho's cachekey plugin?). Otherwise, there's a danger of serving broken responses to
GET requests.

On Wednesday, March 30, 2016 9:01 AM, Leif Hedstrom <zwoop@apache.org> wrote:

On Mar 30, 2016, at 8:41 AM, Esmq <esmq@163.com> wrote:

>set proxy.config.http.cache.allow_empty_doc to 1 can't have head request cached.
>and only if object was in cache already, head request will satisfy from cache.
>

>can ats cached head request ?

No. Looking at the code, I don’t see a way to force it to do so, and regardless, that would
imply that the cache key would have to include the request method as well as the URL (which
I’m fairly certain we do not do either).

— Leif