From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Different Cache Disk for different size of objects
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2016 19:29:55 GMT
Yep, keep it coming :) I'm just saying that you shouldn't hold your breath on this particular
request. Most of us work for corporations with their own requirements and needs :)

Cheers,

-- Leif

> On Mar 21, 2016, at 1:08 PM, Muhammad Faisal <faisalusuf@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> OK, it was just a random thought on enhancing caching performance. Thanks for your response.
> --
> Regards,
> Faisal.

we have been talking about is an automatic migration of objects up and down the storage  hierarchy.

>> Having it write to SSD first could be both good and bad (fast but lots of write wear).
>>
>>> On Mar 21, 2016, at 12:19 PM, Muhammad Faisal <faisalusuf@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> OK. But this feature can be added right? May be in future releases. It can improve
caching performance by avoiding seek time of disks which increase over the period of time
with high disk WR.
>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>> Faisal.

Below is the scenario I'm trying to implement:

from SSD while larger objects will reside on the HDD.

before going to origin, so you don’t know what the size is going to be before you get the
response. And at that point, you (currently) can’t move to a different storage / volume.
But @amc would know best.