trafficserver-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Muhammad Faisal" <faisalu...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Question on ATS Performance
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2016 13:43:49 GMT
I have attached the debug log, still clue less on this.
--
Regards,
Faisal.



------ Original Message ------
From: "Lerner, Steve" <slerner@ebay.com>
To: "users@trafficserver.apache.org" <users@trafficserver.apache.org>; 
"Muhammad Faisal" <faisalusuf@yahoo.com>
Sent: 3/21/2016 5:20:05 PM
Subject: RE: Question on ATS Performance

>Do you have a way to analyze the requests inbound that are correlated 
>with the 502s? Are they legit requests?
>
>
>
>Steve Lerner | Principal Architect, Performance Engineering | m 
>212.495.9212 | slerner@ebay.com | Skype: steve.lerner
>
>
>
>From: Muhammad Faisal [mailto:faisalusuf@yahoo.com]
>Sent: Monday, March 21, 2016 8:04 AM
>To:users@trafficserver.apache.org; users@trafficserver.apache.org
>Subject: Re: Question on ATS Performance
>
>
>
>ATS is connected to upstream router directly im using PBR to redirect 
>traffic for http caching.
>
>--
>
>Regards,
>
>Faisal.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>------ Original Message ------
>
>From: "Lerner, Steve" <slerner@ebay.com>
>
>To: "users@trafficserver.apache.org" <users@trafficserver.apache.org>; 
>"Muhammad Faisal" <faisalusuf@yahoo.com>
>
>Sent: 3/21/2016 5:00:00 PM
>
>Subject: RE: Question on ATS Performance
>
>
>
>>If I may be so bold… what kind of front end do you have in front of 
>>the ATS service? I.e. any other firewall, load balancer, network 
>>proxy, etc?
>>
>>
>>
>>Steve Lerner | Principal Architect, Performance Engineering | m 
>>212.495.9212 | slerner@ebay.com | Skype: steve.lerner
>>
>>
>>
>>From: Muhammad Faisal [mailto:faisalusuf@yahoo.com]
>>Sent: Monday, March 21, 2016 7:57 AM
>>To:users@trafficserver.apache.org; users@trafficserver.apache.org
>>Subject: Re: Question on ATS Performance
>>
>>
>>
>>Hi Leif,
>>
>>The error 502 is causing impact on user experience. When traffic if 
>>diverted toward ATS in a production environment many established 
>>session re-establish via ATS box. In this case several websites starts 
>>giving 502 errors. Disabling keep alive and restarting server didn’t 
>>help this time so i offload the traffic for now.  Kindly guide how to 
>>fix this behavior ?
>>
>>
>>
>>PS: Mostly sites found hosted on @K@mai
>>
>>--
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>Faisal.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>------ Original Message ------
>>
>>From: "Leif Hedstrom" <zwoop@apache.org>
>>
>>To: users@trafficserver.apache.org
>>
>>Sent: 2/13/2016 9:41:55 AM
>>
>>Subject: Re: Question on ATS Performance
>>
>>
>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>On Feb 12, 2016, at 8:38 PM, Muhammad Faisal <faisalusuf@yahoo.com>

>>>>wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>Hi Leif,
>>>>
>>>>Yes I’m using v6.1.1. I turned off keep-alive for sometime and 
>>>>re-enabled it this resolved the 502 error. The jira already has 
>>>>TS-3959 I have updated my comments though.Should I file it on Jira?
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>Ah. Yeh, TS-3959 is sufficient I think. Did re-enabling keep-alive 
>>>actually resolve it again?
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>@bcall: Any ideas on this?
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>— leif
>>>
>>>
>>>
Mime
View raw message