From ZHAOCHUNBO [赵春波] <ZHAOCHU...@kingsoft.com>
Subject 答复: ram_cache for big objects
Date Sat, 16 Apr 2016 02:26:08 GMT
Hi Sudheer,

Thank you very much for you suggestion.

But I think ramdisk is not suitable for my case. There are many other files in the same domain,
the storage requirement is larger than my ram storage.
Only several of them are hot files, may I have a way to make ram_cache or linux pagecache
work?

Thanks in advance,
Thomas.

发件人: Sudheer Vinukonda [sudheerv@yahoo-inc.com]
发送时间: 2016年4月15日 23:47
收件人: users@trafficserver.apache.org
主题: Re: ram_cache for big objects

One approach is to use a ramdisk (e.g configure tmpfs ).

On Friday, April 15, 2016 12:33 AM, ZHAOCHUNBO [赵春波] <ZHAOCHUNBO@kingsoft.com>
wrote:

HI all,

I have met one problem:

There is one big file(600MB) and it is very hot, it is larger than ` ram_cache_cutoff ` setup:
CONFIG proxy.config.cache.ram_cache_cutoff INT 20M

I have noticed that the `rKB/s` on one disk is very high, and the disk usage is keeping nearly
100%.

Device:         rrqm/s   wrqm/s     r/s     w/s    rkB/s    wkB/s avgrq-sz avgqu-sz   await
 svctm  %util
sde               0.00   124.00  196.33    2.33 47210.00   505.33   480.36    35.17  182.13
  5.02  99.73

It seems linux pagecache does NOT work when using ATS, and ATS ram_cache does not work either,
am I correct?
What is the suggestion value of `proxy.config.cache.ram_cache.size` and `proxy.config.cache.ram_cache_cutoff`
?

How should I handle this case?

Thanks in advance.

---