From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Deprecate "fuzz" configurations for v6.2.0
Date Mon, 02 May 2016 19:58:09 GMT
Hi all,

I’d like to mark the fuzzy configuration options as deprecated in v6.2.0, which includes
the following three configuration options:

	proxy.config.http.cache.fuzz.time
	proxy.config.http.cache.fuzz.min_time
	proxy.config.http.cache.fuzz.probability

with the goal of having them removed from v7.0.0. There is some more details on the Jira;

	https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS-4235 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS-4235>

But, tldr; these options don’t really work, are very difficult to configure, and we’re
much better off with the new features that have been introduced to deal with the thundering
herd issues (e.g. proxy.config.http.cache.open_write_fail_action).

Please let me know if you have an issues with marking these as deprecated, and if so, why.

Cheers,

— Leif