From Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net>
Subject Re: iowait
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2016 19:18:43 GMT

Am 14.07.2016 um 20:54 schrieb Leif Hedstrom:

>> On Jul 14, 2016, at 12:11 PM, Randeep <randeep123@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks Harald.
>>
>> I'll check the raid configuration.
>
> We recommend not using RAID for the ATS cache, it’s desirable to let ATS deal with
that. I.e. just give it some JBOD’s. There can be some cases where you might want to RAID,
but I personally do not.

when you have a single cache disk which is overloaded with IOPS you have
a problem you can only solve with more disks

without RAID in case of failed disks your storage space for cache goes
down and if you would not need the cache size why would you configure it
at all?

so *what* is the point against redundancy with improved performance?

the application layer by definition should not know anything about
physical disks - that's job of the underlying operating systemd or SAN