Guys,
I understand that in code, if a stat is registered under 'proxy.process' it is owned by traffic_server. Also, if a stat is registered under stats.config.xml or metrics.config, the 'destination' is owned by traffic_manager.

Since proxy.process.ssl.total_success_handshake_count is listed in stats.config.xml and metrics.config, do you think that this is a conflict of ownership?

I see that on my instance, traffic_manager keeps sending an 'RECG_SET' event for this stat to traffic_server even when nothing is happening. As a result, I am seeing an issue where traffic_server blocks for a very long time for initializing.

I wanted to know if my understanding of ownership is correct. And if it is, can I open a new bug to track the definition of this stat?

Thanks,
Shrihari