From David Carlin <dcar...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: negative_caching setting can't be overrided by conf_remap
Date Sat, 08 Oct 2016 13:23:28 GMT
What version of ATS?  I am doing this in 5.3 and it works.  Your conf_remap config file needs
the following (sometimes I forget to put INT):
CONFIG proxy.config.http.negative_caching_enabled INT 0
OR you can call "@plugin=/conf_remap.so @pparam=proxy.config.http.negative_caching_enabled=0"
in remap.config without making a config file.

David

      From: Esmq <esmq@163.com>
 To: users@trafficserver.apache.org
 Sent: Saturday, October 8, 2016 12:31 AM
 Subject: negative_caching setting can't be overrided by conf_remap

hi, all

i try to cache negative response like 404, but only to find that must be enabled globally
in records.config~

setting negative caching by conf_remap is of no use~

when refer to https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/conf_remap+Plug-In,
the following two settings can be set by conf_remap

   - proxy.config.http.negative_caching_enabled
   - proxy.config.http.negative_caching_lifetime

that is a bug?