From Arnold Maderthaner <arn...@maderthaner.me>
Subject Issue with TS caching
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2016 11:18:30 GMT
Hi !

I have an issue with my TS setup.
My use case is that I want to cache images in TS and keep them for a
very long time and only go back to origin if needed (which is
indicated by the client request).
Caching basically works for me if I set
proxy.config.http.cache.required_headers=0 as my origin server doesn't
supply lifetime values.
My issue is that sometimes the images changes and than I need to get a
fresh copy from origin.
So I tried to use "Cache Control:no-cache" header to obtain a new copy
but TS still gives me the old version. I cannot use any time based
triggers to obtain a new copy from origin as the images are more or
less static (99% of the time) but there are exceptions where the
client specifies with the Cache Control header to revalidate the data
with origin.

I tried it with 5.3.x and now also with 6.2.0.
anyone knows what could be wrong ?

yours

Arnold