From Jered Floyd <je...@convivian.com>
Subject ERR_PROXY_DENIED on DELETE requests? (Grafana behind ATS)
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2016 21:37:21 GMT

Hello fellow ATS users,

I just ran into a bit of a head-scratcher that I bet someone here knows the answer to.

I recently set up a Grafana install behind ATS 6.2.0, and have found that I can't delete dashboards,
un-star things, or anything else involving the DELETE verb. When I access the origin server
directly there are no problems. When going through ATS, the operation results in a "403 Access
Denied" in the error popup.

ATS logs show instances like:
1478122046.588 0 [my client IP] ERR_PROXY_DENIED/403 198 DELETE http://[my origin server]:3000/api/user/stars/dashboard/2
- DIRECT/- text/html

Why is ATS refusing to proxy these requests?

I'm going to go dig into the source right now but perhaps someone has a quicker answer?

Thanks,
--Jered