From Di Li <di...@apple.com>
Subject Re: question for mapping client to origin servers
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2016 17:43:20 GMT
I think from the forward proxy perspective, I definitely want to know what our clients using
our proxy to connect to, I can see the outgoing socket where they connect to, and incoming
socket who are connecting to us, but without the mapping, I don’t who’s going to where,
such info can be collected to further analysis our clients activities and behavior, and in
case we see abnormal stuff, we can take more actions based on that.

Thanks,
Di Li

> On Nov 17, 2016, at 10:29 PM, James Peach <jpeach@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> On Nov 17, 2016, at 5:49 PM, Di Li <di_li@apple.com> wrote:
>>
>> Like the built-in UI Enable for {net} and {http}, those net and httpsm has the information
for each of the connection, but they don’t have the client IP address associate with them,
and they are not really like json format that we can parse easier.

> What are you hoping to do with this information? AFAIK it is not really intended for
monitoring.

>> So far only the mapping I can see is from Log, is there other place I can see the
mapping between client to destination.

>> Thanks,
>> Di Li
>>

>>> On Nov 12, 2016, at 5:15 PM, Bryan Call <bcall@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> What do you mean by “expose the connection between the client to the origin
servers”?

>>> -Bryan

interface that we can expose the connection between client to origin servers.

or each ATS instance instead of drill down to each connections, I also see the builtin web
interface “{net}” or httpsm, but those are not programmable way.

to a log parse or big data platform, then eventually get the mapping.