From Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net>
Subject Re: upstart vs systemd: ATS best service practice
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2017 03:54:00 GMT

Am 29.01.2017 um 23:09 schrieb Lerner, Steve:
> Friends,
>
> Does anyone want to share their systemd and upstart configurations for ATS?
>
> I have been digging and haven’t found an official statement about
> ‘service-izing’ ATS…
>
> Do we have an official recommendation for enabling ATS as a service on
> Ubuntu?
>
> Once we get some common ground maybe we can add this to documentation-
> right now a search for upstart and systemd produces no results

here is mine and when ATS would stop that idiotic
rollback/config-writing at startup which makes me terrible angry for
many years now "systemctl reload" would work too

[Unit]
Description=Apache Traffic Server
After=network.service systemd-networkd.service network-online.target
dnsmasq.service

[Service]
Type=simple
ExecStart=/usr/bin/traffic_cop
ExecReload=/usr/bin/traffic_ctl config reload
Restart=always
RestartSec=1

LimitNOFILE=1000000
LimitMEMLOCK=infinity
OOMScoreAdjust=-1000
TasksMax=30000

PrivateTmp=yes
CapabilityBoundingSet=CAP_CHOWN CAP_DAC_OVERRIDE CAP_IPC_LOCK CAP_KILL
CAP_NET_ADMIN CAP_NET_BIND_SERVICE CAP_SETGID CAP_SETUID
SystemCallFilter=~acct modify_ldt add_key adjtimex clock_adjtime
delete_module fanotify_init finit_module get_mempolicy init_module
io_destroy io_getevents iopl ioperm io_setup io_submit io_cancel kcmp
kexec_load keyctl lookup_dcookie mbind migrate_pages mount move_pages
open_by_handle_at perf_event_open pivot_root process_vm_readv
process_vm_writev ptrace remap_file_pages request_key set_mempolicy
swapoff swapon umount2 uselib vmsplice

ReadOnlyDirectories=/etc
ReadOnlyDirectories=/usr
ReadOnlyDirectories=/var/lib
ReadWriteDirectories=/etc/trafficserver/internal
ReadWriteDirectories=/etc/trafficserver/snapshots