From Bryan Call <bc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Query about Server Session pool Sharing
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2017 23:19:25 GMT
There is no affinity on the transaction based on the origin server.  The client connection
is assigned to a thread using round robin.

The connection pools will grow as large as they need to fulfill the incoming requests.  There
is generally more connections to the origin when using thread pools.  There is a way to set
a maximum number of connections to the origin using server_max_connections and origin_max_connections.

We are working on using session tickets to the origin to reduce the amount of overhead in
creating a new TLS connections.

Docs:
https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/latest/admin-guide/files/records.config.en.html?highlight=max%20origin#proxy-config-http-server-max-connections
<https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/latest/admin-guide/files/records.config.en.html?highlight=max%20origin#proxy-config-http-server-max-connections>
-Bryan

> On Jan 5, 2017, at 11:44 AM, Vamsi Ambati <vamsi@neumob.com> wrote:
>
> We are using  ATS 7.0  and trying to understand the server session pool sharing
> We have found a configuration attribute  proxy.config.http.server_session_sharing.pool
which takes values as ‘global’/‘thread’.
> My understanding for the value of ‘thread’ is that each thread  maintains the server
session pool and not shared by other threads.

> My question is , Do ATS  for any two Http transactions whose origin server is same say
like abc.com affines to the same thread ?
> If so, how big is the pool ? How many  max  sessions will be accumulated  in the pool
?Would these values changes for ‘thread’ and ‘global’ ?