From Vamsi Ambati <va...@neumob.com>
Subject Re: Query about Server Session pool Sharing
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2017 00:43:29 GMT
Followup question, by setting
‘proxy.config.http.server_session_sharing.pool’ to global
proxy.config.http.origin_max_connections to say 10

My understanding of the above configuration is, for first 10 new http transactions destined
to the origin server(abc.com) results in establishing  10 new SSL sessions  with the origin
server.
So for the first 10 http transactions , one has to experience the SSL negotiation over head
and for the 11th Http transaction destined to abc.com, then ATS uses one among the existing
10 ssl sessions in the pool.
Then RTT for the 11th Http transaction will be lower than first 10 Http transactions.
Is my understanding correct ?

-Vamsi

> On Jan 10, 2017, at 3:19 PM, Bryan Call <bcall@apache.org> wrote:
>
> There is no affinity on the transaction based on the origin server.  The client connection
is assigned to a thread using round robin.

> The connection pools will grow as large as they need to fulfill the incoming requests.
 There is generally more connections to the origin when using thread pools.  There is a way
to set a maximum number of connections to the origin using server_max_connections and origin_max_connections.

> We are working on using session tickets to the origin to reduce the amount of overhead
in creating a new TLS connections.

> Docs:
> https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/latest/admin-guide/files/records.config.en.html?highlight=max%20origin#proxy-config-http-server-max-connections
<https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/latest/admin-guide/files/records.config.en.html?highlight=max%20origin#proxy-config-http-server-max-connections>
> -Bryan
>

>> On Jan 5, 2017, at 11:44 AM, Vamsi Ambati <vamsi@neumob.com <mailto:vamsi@neumob.com>>
wrote:

>> We are using  ATS 7.0  and trying to understand the server session pool sharing
>> We have found a configuration attribute  proxy.config.http.server_session_sharing.pool
which takes values as ‘global’/‘thread’.
>> My understanding for the value of ‘thread’ is that each thread  maintains the
server session pool and not shared by other threads.

say like abc.com <http://abc.com/> affines to the same thread ?
>> If so, how big is the pool ? How many  max  sessions will be accumulated  in the
pool ?Would these values changes for ‘thread’ and ‘global’ ?