From "Dunkin, Nick" <Nick.Dun...@ccur.com>
Subject Understanding ioBufAllocator behvaiour
Date Wed, 24 May 2017 13:22:15 GMT
Hi

I have a load test that I’ve been running for a number of days now.  I’m using the memory
dump logging in traffic.out and I’m trying to understand how Traffic Server allocates and
reuses memory.  I’m still quite new to Traffic Server.

Nearly all of the memory traces look as I would expect, i.e. memory is allocated and reused
over the lifetime of the test.  However my readings from ioBufAllocator[0] show a continual
increase in allocated AND used.  I am attaching a graph.  (FYI – This graph covers approximately
3 days of continual load test.)

I would have expected to start seeing reuse in ioBufAllocator by now, like I do in the other
ioBufAllocators.  Can someone help me understand what I’m seeing?

Many thanks,

Nick Dunkin

Nick Dunkin
Principal Engineer
o:   678.258.4071
e:   Nick.Dunkin@curr.com<mailto:Nick.Dunkin@ccur.com>
4375 River Green Pkwy # 100, Duluth, GA 30096, USA
[cid:image001.png@01D2D46F.3ADE6F00]