From Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Traffic Server 7.1.1 (RC1)
Date Sat, 02 Sep 2017 03:08:47 GMT

Am 02.09.2017 um 04:51 schrieb Miles Libbey:
> On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 6:40 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl@thelounge.net> wrote:
>>

>> Am 01.09.2017 um 22:43 schrieb Alan Carroll:
>>>
>>> Is that addressed by
>>> https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/latest/admin-guide/files/records.config.en.html?highlight=records%20config#proxy-config-disable-configuration-modification
>>

>> sounds good - when is 8.0 planned to be released?
>
> It's also available in 7.  We do a terrible job of having the
> documentation match the actual version (eg why we default to a version
> that won't be released for quite some time is beyond me,

frankly that DOES NOT WORK or how do you explain the logs at startup i
posted which are from 7.1.0

[root@proxy:~]$ cat records.config | grep modification
CONFIG proxy.config.disable_configuration_modification INT 1

>> that you currently need a hard restart for config changes is a pain and will
>> be much more pain when you have to use letsencrypt with it's frequent
>> certificate updates in the next month after Chrome is starting to warn about
>> any site containing a from-tag without TLS
>
> They don't. Remap, SSL cert, and parents just need reloads, not
> restarts. Many record config values are also reloads

just look at the archive - as i complained the last time ATS even logged
that it REFUSES TO REALOAD because /etc is read-only and i really get
tired of that broken stuff after so many years