From Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Traffic Server 7.1.1 (RC1)
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2017 09:19:24 GMT

Am 14.09.2017 um 03:14 schrieb Igor Cicimov:
> ​​Hallelujah! I'm not the only one finding this guy annoying! If I was
> head of this project he would had been off the mailing list long time
> ago.​ Using language like this about people that gave him a great tool
> to use for FREE is just unacceptable.

i would even pay to get such major bugs fixed in a shorter timeframe
than a decade

> I have ATS compiled and installed from source and have
> /etc/trafficserver symlinked to /usr/local/etc/trafficserver and have
> never seen the issue he's talking about.

what the hell has this to do with "ReadOnlyDirectories=/etc" besides
that i then would have to set "ReadOnlyDirectories=/usr/local/etc" too?

no software has any bussiness even try to write in /etc, but even if it
tries and fails it's no justification to refuse *read* from there
without a hard restart

> There are million ways and at
> least half a dozen of tools that can help workaround and automate any
> issue you can think of. And if you are still complaining about something
> trivial like that for 5 years than really you should quit your job and

no there is no single way that ATS realods it's config when the config
folder is readonly and it's only insane to detect "
User has changed config file ssl_multicert.config" but refuse to *read*
the file becuase you can't write to it

[root@proxy:/var/log/trafficserver]$ cat *
[root@proxy:/var/log/trafficserver]$ touch
/etc/trafficserver/ssl_multicert.config
[root@proxy:/var/log/trafficserver]$ /usr/bin/traffic_ctl config reload
[root@proxy:/var/log/trafficserver]$ cat *
[Sep 14 11:16:28.625] Manager {0x7f8d3efea700} NOTE:
[Rollback::openFile] Open of ssl_multicert.config failed: Read-only file
system
[Sep 14 11:16:28.625] Manager {0x7f8d3efea700} NOTE:
[Rollback::internalUpdate] Unable to create new version of
ssl_multicert.config : Read-only file system
[Sep 14 11:16:28.625] Manager {0x7f8d3efea700} NOTE:
[Alarms::signalAlarm] Skipping Alarm: '[TrafficManager] Configuration
File Update Failed: Read-only file system'
[Sep 14 11:16:28.625] Manager {0x7f8d3efea700} NOTE:
[Rollback::checkForUserUpdate] Failed to roll changed user file
ssl_multicert.config: System Call Error
[Sep 14 11:16:28.625] Manager {0x7f8d3efea700} NOTE: User has changed
config file ssl_multicert.config

> I guess that's what you get when you put PHP (haha PHP, now that's a
> real "joke") enthusiast doing a sysadmin job. You clearly explained the
> reason why was this not possible till now but he's still not getting it :-/

i keep the i-word for myself....