From Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net>
Subject Re: Positive conversations on the mailing list
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2017 23:12:32 GMT

Am 14.09.2017 um 01:07 schrieb Bryan Call:
> Let's keep the discussions positive and productive on the mailing lists.  I understand
that not all the features people want are in the releases.  It is open source and we are happy
to have code contributions.  If you are not able to make code contributions because you are
not a developer, please file an issue, but understand it might not be a priority of another
person's employer to implement this feature.

> We spend a lot of our time reviewing and approving new features even though we are not
going to use them ourselves.  We do this make the Community stronger and healthier.

"and we are happy to have code contributions"

and WHAT ABOUT somebody asking "hey, i would fix that issue you are
complaing half a decacde for the amount of US$"? - and YES we would have
paied a reaosnable amount of money as we did for other open source projects

the problem is NOT that people complaining are not willing to ivnest
something, the problem as in many other projects is that NOBODY gives a
damn, even not when you ask "anybody out there who could write the code,
what amount of money would be needed to get the problem solved"