From Dave Thompson <da...@oath.com>
Subject Re: Openssl 1.1.0f Support
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2017 21:16:37 GMT
Sorry Jeremy, my recollections were from 16 months ago which is fuzzy by
now at best.   The gist of my recollection is that QAT is an IO based async
engine, which of course ATS already has done extensively.   I recall the
under-the-hood QAT longjumping was a non-starter in an ATS framework.
This was all static code analysis.  Integration looked like a non-starter,
so no performance test done.

Regarding performance testing of "ATS + Openssl 1.1.0(x) + standard aes-ni
acceleration", Susan (?Bryan?) was just telling me today of a measured
order of magnitude improvement over with the same using Openssl 1.0.1(x)
and small packet sizes...  Improvement attributed to lock contention issues
in the older OpenSSL 1.0.1(x).

Dave