From Uri Shachar <ushac...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: ATS proxy closes the connection "close" even if client sends "keep-alive"
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2017 23:24:02 GMT
On Tuesday, September 5, 2017 11:13 AM Ananth Laxminarasimhan (alaxmina) <alaxmina@cisco.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
> TS-3866 seems to be still open on ATS 6.2.1; and, the suggested patch too doesn’t seem
to work.
> Any pointers on this would be welcome.

ATS sets the "Connection: close" header + configures the connection to close internally whenever
a plugin re-enables with an error.
You need to hook on the SEND_RESPONSE_HDRS hookpoint and:
1) Set the Connection / Proxy-Connection headers as desired (ie - to 'keep-alive')
2) Tell ATS to not close the connection by calling TSHttpTxnCloseAfterResponse(txn, 0)

You may also need to call TSHttpTxnClientKeepaliveSet(txn, 1) -- but I'm not 100% sure this
is really required in your use case.

                   Cheers,
                                Uri