From "Velusamy, Gandhimathi" <gvelu...@Central.UH.EDU>
Subject Is it possible to cross the NAT and Gateway to reach a server inside campus with ATS
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2017 16:39:35 GMT
Hi,

I am experimenting with distributed Proxies using Traffic server by using balancer plug-in
with my custom policies.

I have a local cluster in my university campus behind a NAT server and a Gateway.  In the
local cluster I have servers and clients connected through traffic server. When the number
requests exceeds certain threshold or if my policy sees the delay in receiving response increases,
it will forward the requests to  a server in a public cloud through a second  traffic server
at the cloud. In the cloud there are clients and servers connected via traffics server.

I configured both traffic servers in transparent mode and from local cluster my traffic server
can forward the requests to remote servers via remote traffic server.
But I am trying with remote traffic server to reach the local servers via local traffic server.
Is is possible to make this happen via any tunneling or NAT-ting.
I came across this presentation http://www.network-geographics.com/assets/docs/ApacheCon-2013.pdf
which explains using ATS with NAT and a Cisco router.

Is there any documents available to read more about bypassing the NAT or any pointers on how
to achieve this?

Thanks
Gandhimathi