From Veiko Kukk <veiko.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Avoiding TCP_REFRESH_HIT
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2017 17:20:33 GMT
Hi Alan,

That is what i had already done in cache.config:
dest_domain=.*.source.tld ttl-in-cache=9999d

Of cource, source.tld is actually real domain, and this did not avoid
checking origin for object freshness, it was still considered stale by ATS.

https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/7.1.x/admin-guide/configuration/cache-basics.en.html#ensuring-cached-object-freshness
describes that if Expires is present, it is used to calculate objects
freshness. And there is no way to ignore it. I've configured now ATS to
remove Expires header and set Cache-control: max-age=157784630 with header
rewrite plugin and cond %{READ_RESPONSE_HDR_HOOK}
Will see it that helps.

Veiko