From Miles Libbey <mlib...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Redundant origin server support
Date Sat, 23 Dec 2017 16:28:53 GMT
On Sat, Dec 23, 2017 at 8:16 AM, Alan Carroll <solidwallofcode@oath.com> wrote:
> You can also use DNS round robin along with setting the server retries to a
> non-zero value.

Will that "save" the first request to the dead origin? (or would the
error make its way back to the user?)

> On Sat, Dec 23, 2017 at 10:07 AM, Leif Hedstrom <zwoop@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Yeh you can do this with parent.config or possibly the escalate plugin.

The escalate plugin works on missing objects, not dead servers. For
instance, perhaps origin1 periodically gets its data from
masterorigin, but, sometimes fails. The escalate plugin would have you
go to masterorigin when origin1 said it didn't have the content.