From Sudheer Vinukonda <sudheervinuko...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to purge all cached negative responses
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2017 14:55:41 GMT
Another option is to write a simple plugin that hooks at Cache Lookup Complete state to overwrite
the cache status from hit to stale for negative responses (status > 399). Unfortunately,
I think header rewrite doesn’t expose the cache lookup Complete hooks, so this has to be
written as a plugin (perhaps, might be simple with Lua?).

This approach won’t purge these objects instantly, but prevents them from returning to clients
from the cache and they eventually get removed automatically due to cyclic cache.

Thanks,

Sudheer

> On Dec 21, 2017, at 6:39 AM, David Carlin <dcarlin@oath.com> wrote:
>
> I'm suggesting finding the failed requests from the logs, and purging those URLs so future
requests work.

> David
>
>> On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 9:20 AM, Veiko Kukk <veiko.kukk@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thank you for your answer.
>>
>> Sure I can find those failures from logs, but it's no good because, well, they have
then already failed for client.
>> I've read about cache inspector, but it does not seem to be able to filter based
on HTTP status code.

>> Veiko

>>> Can you grab the list of objects from the log files?   Thats only thing I can
think of.

>>> The cache inspector exists, but I've never had any luck with it.  I think our
cache is too large for it:

>>> https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/latest/admin-guide/storage/index.en.html#inspecting-the-cache
>>>
>>> David

also to negative responses that then got cached.

It's even good enough if I could get list of objects with certain HTTP status code, then I
could write script that purges those objects one by one.