We use parent.config to provide redundancy and load balance over origins.
See here for info on configuring parent.config.

https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/latest/admin-guide/files/parent.config.en.html?highlight=parent%20config#std:configfile-parent.config

On Dec 23, 2017, at 9:28 AM, Miles Libbey <mlibbey@apache.org> wrote:

On Sat, Dec 23, 2017 at 8:16 AM, Alan Carroll <solidwallofcode@oath.com> wrote:
You can also use DNS round robin along with setting the server retries to a
non-zero value.

Will that "save" the first request to the dead origin? (or would the
error make its way back to the user?)