From Alan Carroll <solidwallofc...@oath.com>
Subject Re: CARP Status
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2018 19:28:28 GMT
It's complex, although Aaron should chime in here. The history is Eric
Schwartz tried to open source the CARP plugin but the code was such a mess
that we never pushed through on that. Aaron has done a lot of cleanup in
the plugin so we may try open sourcing it again. However, everyone
(including myself and Aaron) view that as a short term fix. There's a group
working on the Layer 7 Routing project [1] which has as its goal to replace
CARP as a plugin with support directly for that kind of thing in the core.
Talking with Aaron, he thinks that despite the work he's already done, it
will need another round of clean up before it's suitable for use.

[1] https://github.com/apache/trafficserver/projects/7