From Aaron Canary <acan...@oath.com>
Subject Re: CARP Status
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2018 20:18:22 GMT
That's correct. There is still a bit of proprietary code and ugly code that
we can't open source. It would take me a few weeks to publish an open
source CARP.

And yes we will be moving to Layer 7 Routing asap, so if I were to publish
a CARP plugin, you wouldn't see much support for it.

In theory, the current state of ParentSelection has self-detection and
could be set up select peers (aka CARP). I'm interested in testing this as
well. But we would wait for a few more optimation features before switching
production.

--
Aaron Canary
ATS - Senior Software Engineer