From "Alan M. Carroll" <...@network-geographics.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Eliminate most of the proxy.node metrics
Date Thu, 03 May 2018 22:22:45 GMT
+1. In our production these are all calculated in the data gathering system anyway, which gives
a lot more flexibility (such as deciding on new computed metrics after the fact).

> In an effort to clean things up, I’d like to remove a lot of the metrics that are calculated
via metrics.config. There are three categories that I’m eliminating:

> 1) Those which are purely copying from the corresponding proxy.process metric.

> 2) The _avg_ and _10s metrics

> 3) The ratios metrics.

> I feel that #1 is a slam dunk to remove, and #2 and #3 I feel pretty strongly belong
in a monitoring software / tool, to better calculate changes and ratios.